Weekly Summer Link-Up: My Goals for the Summer

I am linking up with Monica at I Heart Grade 3 for this awesome summer linky. Every week there will be a different topic to blog about and this week is ‘My goals for the summer…’ I am looking forward to being a part of this every week. It will encourage me to post more than once (Five for Friday). Ha!

My to-do list is out. Of. Control. It is a little on the overwhelming side, but going through and organizing it for this post will hopefully help me get a better grasp on what I NEED to do and possibly prioritize things a little bit better.

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE
I have updated several of my products, HOWEVER, there are still a lot of products to go. I want to have everything updated in the next couple of months so that my store is looking exactly how I would like before the new school year.

VEGAS
I cannot believe we have less than fifty days until Vegas. That is crazy. It was not long ago that it seemed in the distant future. Now it will be here before we know it. I have pretty much everything I need for Vegas purchased, except for clothes. I need to go shopping and buy some cute clothes because I am pretty sure yoga pants and tank tops will not be proper attire for the conference. I also need to finish getting donations and doing prep work for the Full-Time on TpT Vegas Meet-Up I am co-hosting. You can RSVP for this event by clicking {here}.

BLOG
I really want to get my blog moved over to WordPress. I am going to try and be patient and wait until after the TpT conference, but it is really hard to do that. Hopefully I can just focus all of my energy on updating my store until then so it can wait. I am hoping that once the new school year starts, I can come up with some better way to consistently blog. I have a ton of ideas on things I can blog about, but I am struggling to find the time.

CREATE NEW PRODUCTS
Like with blogging, I have a long list of new product ideas that I want to create. Once I get my store updated, I will try and start tackling this list. Creating new things is so much fun and I cannot wait to be able to focus my energy on this section.

FIND A HEALTHY BALANCE
I have only been doing TpT for about four months (since taking a four year break) and I am really struggling with trying to find a schedule that works best for me and my family. One of my goals this summer is to try and find a healthy balance of everything. Working from home is hard. I have not done a great job with juggling everything, and I hope to figure out something in the near future.

FAMILY TIME
I would love to create a schedule for my girls with activities that we can do throughout the summer. We still have music and swim, but school and other classes are off for the summer. I envision having a craft day, a field trip day, a water day, etc. I think that Molly would love this and it will keep all of us sane for the next couple of months. 

That is all I have for the moment. I am sure as soon as I press 'publish' I will think of three more things I can add to my list. :) Head back over to Monica's blog to check out what all the other teachers have for their summer goals. Check back next week for 'Why I started blogging.'






1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer!

    Thank you so much for participating in my very first linky party! It is great to have you collaborating! I will be in Vegas, too, and have RSVP'd for the WAHM meet-up! I might be fashionably late as my flight gets in at 10 am but I will make a bee-line for the meet up!

    Have a great day and I hope to have you link up more throughout the summer!

    Monica

    www.iheartgrade3.com
    www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/I-Heart-Grade-3

    ReplyDelete